Outlet Repair and Installation in Sarasota and BeyondLet a World-Class Pro Replace or Install Your Outlet
Whether you need to fix a broken outlet or you want to install a new one, our team of highly-trained electricians are standing by to help. With over 50 years of experience, we've helped thousands of Florida homeowners with their electrical needs. When you hire us, you can count on high-quality electrical work and exceptional customer service.
Upfront, honest pricing
100% satisfaction guaranteed
2-year parts and labor warranty
Rated 4.9 out of 5 on Google!
Types of outlets we install and repair
We can install and repair any type of residential outlet, but these are the most common:
- 15-amp duplex outlets: These are the standard type of outlets found in most homes. They are used for most regular 2- and 3-pronged plugs.
- Combination outlets: Instead of two standard receptacles, this type of outlet usually includes a light switch.
- GFCI outlets: GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets provide extra security by quickly shutting off power when there is a short circuit or ground fault. GFCI outlets are usually found near water sources in your home.
- AFCI outlets: AFCI (arc fault circuit interrupter) outlets protect against arcing, which is when electricity jumps from one wire to another (resulting in a fire). These types of outlets are commonly installed as the first outlet on a branch circuit.
- Weather-resistant outlets: These outlets are usually installed in areas that can easily be exposed to water, such as a patio, deck or pool area. This device is made of water-resistant material which extends the life of the device.
- USB outlets: These outlets include one or more USB ports built in, which allows devices to be recharged via a USB cable.
- Smart outlets: A smart outlet allows you to turn on or off an appliance via a smartphone. (Note: These outlets typically require a smart home hub for use.)
Cost to repair an outlet in Tampa Bay
- Low: $36
- Average: $79
- High: $250
The cost to repair an outlet can vary based on:
- The extent of damage: Most outlets cannot be repaired, so you'll likely need a new one installed. (Click the next section to see the price range). If the outlet isn’t replaced soon enough it may cause wiring issues, which will lead to a more expensive electrical repair.
- Whether additional wiring is needed: If old or damaged wiring needs to be replaced to accommodate the new outlet, then the cost will be greater.
Cost to install an outlet in Tampa Bay
- Low: $250
- Average: $319
- High: $480
The cost to install an outlet can vary based on:
- The type of outlet you need: Some outlets are more expensive than others because they require more labor to install. For example, a GFCI outlet is generally more expensive than a standard 15-amp duplex outlet.
- Upgrades to your home's wiring: To accommodate the new outlet, the electrician may need to replace some of the wiring if it's outdated. Replacing old wiring increases the price of the project.
- Replacing an existing outlet vs installing one in a new location: It's generally less expensive to replace an outlet than to install one in a different location. (Installing an outlet in a new location requires more labor, which raises the cost.)
How we repair/install your outlet
1) Schedule your appointment with us
2) Get upfront pricing
One of our electricians will arrive at your home and inspect your old outlet, or the location where you want a new one installed. Based on the scope of the project, our electrician will give you upfront pricing on the cost to repair or install the outlet(s).
3) Relax as we repair or install your outlet(s)
Once you sign off on the repair/install quote, you can sit back and relax while we do all the hard work. Repairing or installing an outlet generally takes 30 to 45 minutes.
4) Let us know how we did
After the job is complete, we'll make sure you have an opportunity to speak with us about how everything went. Our first priority is your satisfaction. So if any part of the job wasn’t handled to your standards, just let us know and we’ll make it right.
Guarantees and warranties you can count on
This is just a sneak peak of the promises we make to our customers. See all of our guarantees and warranties.
Repairs: 2-year parts and labor warranty
If your outlet fails within 2 years of repairing it, we'll fix it for free. Available upon request.
Installs: 2-year parts and labor warranty
If your outlet fails within 2 years of installing it, we'll replace it for free. Available upon request.
Highly recommend the company
See more reviews
Mike was awesome! He not only fixed the problem but looked at the total electrical picture, and let us know that all was well. Highly recommend him and the company.
Ready for service?Book online
Our crews serve Tampa Bay and the surrounding areas:
We have been serving Sarasota, Florida and surrounding areas with quality you can count on...one customer at a time.
Our coverage area is continuously expanding. If you need service and do not see your community listed, contact us, we may have already expanded into your area.