All Blog Articles

5 Signs Your Home Needs An Electrical Safety Inspection

Signs Electrical Safety Inspection1

Electrical safety inspections can go unnoticed, considering the majority of your home’s wiring is out of sight. Luckily, our Energy Team is here to Take Care of People! Our team has put together 5 signs that indicate your home needs an electrical safety inspection. Continue reading this to learn what they are!

Signs Electrical Safety Inspection2

Two-Pronged Outlets

One of the most obvious signs of outdated electrical wiring is your home’s outlets. If your home has two-prong outlet coverings, it is DEFINITELY time to schedule an electrical safety inspection. Outlets were updated to three prongs for safety reasons in 1969, so if you have any two-prong outlets, this could be a safety hazard in your home.

Signs Electrical Safety Inspection3

Lights Flicker When Appliances Turn On

If you notice your lights flicker when you turn certain appliances on or when they are in use, this is a telltale sign that you need an electrical inspection. This may be due to a faulty light switch which has the potential to cause your light switch to overheat and catch on fire.

Signs Electrical Safety Inspection4

Circuit Breakers Frequently Trip

A common reason for a circuit breaker to trip is excessive demand on the breaker. It could be a simple fix, such as moving appliances and devices onto another breaker to accommodate. However, an electrical safety inspection will get to the root of the problem and determine if your home needs an upgraded circuit breaker.

Signs Electrical Safety Inspection5

Switches Or Outlets Feel Warm

A warm outlet or switch may mean too much energy is being demanded from one area. It could also be the result of damaged wiring, a broken infrastructure, or an incorrectly sized fuse or circuit breaker. Our team of professional electricians will be able to properly diagnose your home’s issue with a $29 Whole-Home Electrical Safety Inspection!

Signs Electrical Safety Inspection6

Burning Smell

You may be accustomed to the smell of burning in the kitchen from time to time. However, you should pay attention to the smell of burning when using home appliances as it could be the smell of electrical burning. Most electrical burning has plastic insulation. An electrical fire initially has a fairly acrid smell of burning plastic, which can be the result of a short in an outlet or wiring within the wall.

Is your home indicating it’s time for an electrical safety inspection? If so, contact our team today to schedule a $29 Whole-Home Electrical Safety Inspection. To book an appointment, dial our team at (833) 230-2877.